What is content?
Taking it back to the basics my definition of content:
Anything that you’re sharing online for your business.
Content You’ve Probably Got:
- Pictures on your website
- All the copy (text) on your website
- Blog posts
- A podcast
- YouTube videos
- Your selfie
- Behind the Scenes videos
- Product photos
Even while writing this, I realized I literally was posting content without realizing it. Isn’t it crazy how when someone adds a fancy word to something you suddenly think we must be doing it wrong, because I haven’t been calling it?
You feel confused about what types of content to share. On which platform do you post what type of content?
Cure: Content for Each Platform
- Facebook – Videos, Pictures, and text posts
- Twitter – Microblogging and short sentences
- Blog – 5 paragraph to 1500 words
- Pinterest – Image with text posts and 15 second videos
- Podcasts – 2, 5, or 15 minute audio recordings
- YouTube- 2 – 15 minute OR 1 hour videos
- Tik Tok – 15 second – 1 minute videos
- Instagram – Pictures and 1 minute videos
- Instagram Stories – pictures and 15 second videos
- Instagram Reels – 15 second videos
- Instagram TV – 1-15 minute videos
Instagram Reels are taking over the world right now! That’s content.
You feel like you’ve run out of ideas. You have run out of things to posts. You’re not motivated to make any new posts.
Cure: Content Re-Purposing
The great thing about content is you don’t have to use it one time. You can use it over and over you. In a variety of ways. You can take things that you’ve already created and use them again. One of my main words for this year is repurpose. You can take content and make it new again.
Til next time.